Terms and conditions
You must be at least eighteen years of age to sign up for GeekMeet Platform and you must have the capacity to enter into legally binding Agreement in your country or state of residence.
PLEASE NOTE – IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN YEARS, YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING OUR PLATFORM AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US THROUGH THE WEBSITE. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM USERS UNDER THE AGE OF THIRTEEN YEARS.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THE WEBSITE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT TO THE COMPANY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
3. Key Terms
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the following words shall hold the meaning as described hereunder:
“Advertisement” refers to any text, images or graphics promoting any third-party product, service or event on the GeekMeet Platform.
“Event Organizer” – refers to a User who posts and/or promotes a networking event on the Platform.
“Attendee” – refers to a User who attends an event organized by an Event Organizer.
“Venue” – refers to the physical venue where the networking Event is being hosted by the Event Organizer.
“User” – refers to any registered website User and includes any reference to Event Organizer and Attendee.
“Service” – refers to all Platform features and functionality offered by GeekMeet on www.geekmeet.com.
4. Advertisement Disclaimer
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR ACCEPTANCE OR PLACEMENT OF ANY ADVERTISEMENT ON THE WEBSITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OF SUCH ADVERTISED PRODUCT, SERVICE OR EVENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR EVENTS ADVERTISED ON THE PLATFORM. THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENT OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN ANY ADVERTISER AND USER.
5. Account Registration and Access
If we discover that you provided us with incorrect or inaccurate information during your account registration, we reserve the right to decline your account request or delete your account. The Company offers all user accounts at its sole discretion, and we may refuse registration of a customer account without providing any reason.
As an account holder, it is solely your responsibility to keep your account username and password confidential. You accept that all activity under your account is solely your responsibility, whether or not you have authorized it and you will take all necessary steps for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.
You should not, under any circumstances, provide your financial information (e.g., credit card or bank account numbers) to other Users on the GeekMeet Platform. You understand that your decision to use the Platform is entirely at your own risk.
6. Account Termination
You may cease using the GeekMeet Platform at any time without incurring any liability. If you wish to terminate your GeekMeet account please send us an email at email@example.com with the words ‘Account Termination’ in the subject line. Please note that once your account is terminated, you will no longer be able to login to your account using your sign-in credentials and any data associated with your account such as events posted by you on the Platform will no longer be accessible.
Please note that although you will not be able to access GeekMeet Services after your account termination, the Company reserves the right to retain any publicly posted comments by you on the GeekMeet platform and use it for any purpose we deem fit.
The Company reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and suspend/restrict your access to the GeekMeet platform at any time without giving any notice to you if we find that:
- You have violated the terms of this Agreement;
- Your conduct is harmful to the Company or any of its Users; or
- We cease our business operations for any reason.
If you have been previously restricted from using the GeekMeet platform or your account was terminated by the Company due to any breach of this Agreement, you understand that you are strictly forbidden from:
- Creating a new account with different sign-up information;
- Acquiring access to another User’s account;
- Attempting to gain access to the GeekMeet Platform through any other unauthorized mechanism.
7. Limited License
Excluding the User Generated Content, all the text, graphics, audio, video, interactive features, code, marks, software and the like visible on the Website are owned by and/or licensed to the Company and subject to applicable trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights, foreign laws and international conventions (“Company Content”). You are strictly prohibited from copying, selling, transferring, assigning, reproducing, republishing, disassembling, decompiling, reverse engineering or distributing any Company Content in any way unless expressly authorized by the Company in writing.
You agree that you will not remove any copyright, trademarks and any proprietary notices from any Company Content that you do not have rights and licenses to use. You understand that any use of Company Content on any website, system or application that is not owned and operated by us is strictly prohibited. This Agreement only grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the GeekMeet Service for your personal and non-commercial use for the duration that your account is active.
You agree to use the GeekMeet Services in compliance with this Agreement as well as any local and federal laws. It is solely your responsibility to familiarize yourself with all applicable laws and only use the service where such use is not prohibited in your country and state of residence.
8. Copyright Infringement Disputes
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and do not condone any intellectual property law violation.
If you believe that your copyrighted material or content is posted, uploaded or made accessible through our Service without your authorization, please contact us with the following information:
- Identification of the material or content that is claimed to be infringing your copyrighted works or shared without your authorization;
- Description of the original content that is claimed to be have been infringed;
- Your contact information including your name and email address;
- A statement by you setting out that you are either the owner of the copyrighted work or have been authorized by the owner to communicate with us with regard to the copyrighted work.
- A statement by you that all information provided by you to us is accurate and complete;
9. Acceptable Use Policy
You hereby agree that you will only use the Platform in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, you specifically agree that:
- You will not use the Service for conducting any unlawful, illegal or prohibited activity;
- You will not use the Service for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of an authorized Company representative;
- You will only use the GeekMeet Service in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations;
- You will not post any content on the Platform that violates this Agreement or is in contravention of any other applicable laws;
- You will not post, share or promote any content or event that is demeaning to a group whether based on race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or in any way violent, pornographic, sexually explicit, defamatory, suggestive or illegal;
- You will not breach any terms and conditions of Third Party applications or tools used by us to deliver the GeekMeet Services to you;
- You will immediately notify the Company of any issues that you encounter during your use of our Service;
- You will not impersonate another User or use another User’s username and password to access the GeekMeet Service;
- You will not post or upload any content that infringes the intellectual property rights of another person or entity;
- You will not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- You will not use any robot, spider, site scraping/retrieval application or any other automated routines in order to scrape any data/information from any part of the Service;
- You will not reformat or frame any portion of the Website or Service without the express written consent of the Company;
- You will not post or submit any content or material on any website, that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by the Company;
- You will not transmit any viruses, trojan horses or other code of a destructive nature;
- You will not copy or store any content offered on the Website for other than your own personal use;
- You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our IT infrastructure;
- You will not reproduce, distribute, display or make available any data, information or part of the Website to any third-party without the express written consent of an authorized representative of the Company.
10. User-generated Content
The Platform permits Users to create a professional profile, post events, comments, images, videos and other similar content (“User Content” or “User-generated Content”). You understand that your User Content is publicly visible to all Website users and visitors. The Company is unable to guarantee any confidentiality of such User Content.
By posting, submitting and distributing any User Content through our Platform, you hereby grant the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit such User Content in any other way.
By posting, submitting and distributing your User Content on the Platform, you hereby grant to our users a non-exclusive license to access and use your User Content in a lawful manner for intended purposes.
You expressly represent and warrant to the Company that:
- You have all the requisite licenses, rights and permissions to post your User Content on the Platform and to grant the Company and our users the aforementioned licenses.
- Your User Content will not violate any applicable laws including but not limited to copyright, trademark or patent of any other person or entity;
- Your User Content will not contain any information that you do not wish to be publicly displayed;
- Your User Content will not make offers promoting any illegal products or services;
- Your User Content will not disclose or share any personal information of another person without their express consent or in any way violate privacy rights of another;
- Your User Content will not be defamatory or libelous or violate any other rights of another person;
- Your User Content will not contain any viruses, worms or other malicious code of a similar nature.
The Company reserves the right but is not under any obligation to remove any such User Content that violates any provision of this Agreement or is deemed generally inappropriate by the Company.
11. User Content Disclaimer
The Company does not endorse any User Content available on the Platform and You understand that the User Generated Content is the responsibility of the User who posted such content and the Company is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness or legality of such User Content. By using our Service you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies that you may have against the Company and we hereby disclaim any and all liability arising out of or associated with such User Content.
We reserve the right to amend any terms of this Agreement to reflect our new practices. We also reserve the right to introduce new paid features and functionality, remove or modify any existing features as well as the right to discontinue the GeekMeet Service in our sole discretion. Any amendments to the terms and/or features on the website will be effective from the date we post the updated terms and implement the new features respectively. It is solely your responsibility to review these terms periodically to familiarize yourself with any changes. The Company will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your failure to review these terms.
The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to deactivate or/and suspend your access to the GeekMeet Service with or without giving any prior notice to you to carry out: scheduled or unscheduled system maintenance or/and upgrading or/and testing or/and repairs or/and other related work. Without prejudice to any other provisions of this Agreement, the Company shall not be liable to indemnify the User for any loss or/and damage or/and costs or/and expense that the User may suffer or incur, as a result of such deactivation or/and suspension.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
ALL SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. WE NEITHER REPRESENT NOR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT RESTS WITH YOU. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT; WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. YOU ACCEPT THAT YOUR USE OF SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
15. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE GEEKMEET SERVICES. THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES AROSE FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PLEASE CEASE USING OUR SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, IF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF: AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO THE COMPANY IN THE MONTH WHEN THE ISSUE FIRST AROSE, OR FIFTY US DOLLARS $50.
THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE GEEKMEET SERVICES IN LOCATIONS OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED ON THE WEBSITE.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its founders, affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders and employees against any claims, liabilities, charges, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with:
(i) the violation of these Terms by you;
(ii) Your gross negligence or willful misconduct; or
(iii) the infringement by you, or any third party using your username and password, of any intellectual property or another right of any person or entity.
17. User Suggestions
If you have ideas or suggestions on how we can improve our Service, please feel free to share your views with us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For purposes of full disclosure and avoidance of any conflict, please note that when you submit your suggestion/ideas, you are granting us full and exclusive rights, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit your ideas and suggestions, in whole or part, without any restriction or compensation to you now or ever in future.
18. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any principles of conflict of laws.
You agree that all actions arising out of or related to this Agreement will be brought in the state or federal courts in and for Wake County, North Carolina, and both User and the Company hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to apply for injunctive relief to protect its intellectual property rights and interest where necessary, in any court of competent jurisdiction.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will only be limited to the minimum extent necessary and the remaining provisions will remain fully enforceable.
21. Force Majeure
Neither the Company nor the User will be held liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations towards the other if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disasters), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or any interruption or any failure of electricity or server, system, computer, internet or telephone service.